Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Farewell to Hobbiton

Just before Christmas I passed through Tookland (without stopping to pass the time with the Old Took, thank goodness) and turned southeastward toward the Green Hill Country. Like Frodo before me, I stopped atop the first hill and gazed back toward the lights of Hobbiton. Unlike Frodo, my desire is not to return to my point of origin. I don't want to return to sloth and weakness. I want to push myself to greater strength and endurance, increase my energy and see just what this body is capable of. Like Merry and Pippin, I want to look back at the end of my journey and discover that I have grown in wonderful and surprising ways. Farewell Hobbiton!


The image above is from the web site of the amazing artist Ted Nasmith. http://www.tednasmith.com/lotr1/TN-Green_Hill_Country.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment